Thursday, July 22, 2010

What I'm...

Drinking: Trippel by New Belgium. Cold, refreshing, and packs some punch. Mmmm.

Watching: Scrubs Season 7. Not as funny as the first couple seasons, but still an excellent show.

Reading: The Forever War by Dexter Filkins. Haunting, mesmerizing, and powerful look at the war.

Listening to: The Tallest Man on Earth. Over and over and over again. Great Disc.

Playing: Baseball including Catch, with Lukas. At this rate, he's sure to make the show.

So tell me readers. What are your obsessions these days?


Brandon said...

Kinda in limbo, so separated from some of my obsessions but here are a few that I have been able to maintain:

Drinking - Stone IPA ( Unbelievably good taste.

Reading - Matterhorn ( Just finished reading this. Really good read. I identified with the brotherhood mentality while understanding the frustration of the military.

Portland Dad said...

Drinking - A Ginger beer and dark rum cocktail

Watching - Burn Notice Season 3

Reading - The Steig Larson series Girl with Dragon Tattoo, Girl Who played with Fire, and have the last one on hold at the library

Listening - High Violet by The National

Didactic Pirate said...

Drinking: A hearty Stone IPA, same as Brandon, coincidentally.

Watching: Reruns of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia," which my wife and I have on DVD. (Ok, won't actually be watching this tonight until after our daughter is asleep.)

Reading: "Kraken," by China Mieville

Listening to: my English Beat station on Pandora.

This is fun. I like this.

DaddyYoEffinRox said...

Drinking Carpi-Sun probably soon followed by a good ole Bud Light or 3 or 4

Watching - My TweetDeck because I am lame and have no cable

Listening to Scott H Biram, the dirty old one man band from texas!

Julianna said...

Drinking: Diet Coke

Watching: Wipeout (Yes, real mature, I know)

Reading: The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner (Yes, it's a Twilight thing, don't pee yourself laughing, K?)

Listening to: Brad Paisley's latest "American Saturday Night" (My life's lately like a good old country song)

Playstead said...

Drinking: Tanqueray

Watching: Weeds

Reading: The Spooky Art - Norman Mailer

Listening to: Rush (getting ready for the big concert)

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Brandon - Are you away from home? Matterhorn sounds great.

@Portland Dad - Really want to pick up that The National Disc. Love that Swarm of bees song.

@Didactic Pirate - Is 'Always Sunny' a good series? Looking for another good comedy. English Beat -cool.

DaddyYo - I am staring at my Tweetdeck a lot lately too.

@Julianna - I am under a rock when it comes to the whole Twilight thing. Blisfully ignorant I guess.

@Playstead - Glad you clarified Rush the band. (hahahaha)

Mrs. LIAYF said...

Drinking - Manny's Pale Ale

Watching: Scrubs (liking Castle, though, so may move on soon)

Reading: "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver

Listening to: "You Are My Little Bird" album by Elizabeth Mitchell (just sang "Everything's Going To Be Alright" to my son for bedtime )

SciFi Dad said...

Drinking: Dr. Pepper
Watching: The Wire S4
Reading: A Brief History of Time (Hawking)
Listening To: Rise Against

PJ Mullen said...

Very cool post idea.

Drinking: Olde Mecklenburg Brewery Copper Altbier

Watching: Rescue Me Season 5

Reading: Delivering Happiness (written by the Zappos guy)

Listening: Clapton and Winwood live at Madison Square Garden

Playing: Attempting to play catch. He's got throwing down, catch not so much.

Captain Dumbass said...

Drinking: Rickard's Red and Corona
Watching: White Collar and The Good Guys
Reading: Fortune of War, Patrick O'Brian
Listening to: nothing in particular but I'm going to check out Tallest Man
Playing: um... Xbox.

Keith Wilcox said...

That's funny. Joe Haldeman wrote a book called The Forever War in 1974. It won the Nebula award and the Hugo award I think.

Hmm, Drinking: Emergen-C vitamin drink

Watching: nothing
Reading: The Brothers Karamazov
Listening to: Lightning Hopkins

sherri said...

Drinking - Coffee
Watching - Chelsea Lately
Reading - This much I know is true Wally Lamb
Listening to - God Help the Girl

Fellow West Seattle-ite here! I swear from your photos I think we're blocks apart.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

My obsession? Smoothies and my local coffee place... I know I know... smoothies at a coffee joint? It's true, and they are delicious!

Slamdunk said...

Sounds like a winner.

I am just treading water trying to keep the kids entertained until they return to school/preschool next month.