Wednesday, December 21, 2011

How to Get What You Want


This can certainly be a good strategy, but is by no means a sure thing.

Therefore, if you REALLY want something, at times it is better to take matters into your own hands.  Maybe employ an alternate strategy.

Like this:


Which, if done diligently, will in seemingly no time lead to this....


And soon enough, before you know it even you will have enough to buy yourself this...


We'll see when it arrives but I'm pretty sure this will travel waaaay higher than a Reindeer.

7 comments:

Hey Monkey Butt said...

Sounds good :)

Slamdunk said...

Planning equates to success--thanks for sharing this valuable lesson.

momnextdoor said...

Awesome! I need to find a chart like that. Our attempts haven't stuck because it was taking too long and nothing to show. Bud does the green card/yellow card thing at school and he loves it. I think it's time I give in and follow suit.

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Doria - He's getting close

@Slamdunk -Yep, and I have the feeling it is resonating with him too.

@Momnextdoor - I think we got it through Amazon. You could do a search there. I will see if I can find it too and send the info along. Working well.

@Teri - 5 cents a chore. But it adds up.

Adam said...

Here's the responsibility chart:
http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-Magnetic-Responsibility/dp/B000NTZL7U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324704400&sr=8-1

Love it! I think we're going to try and use it. Thanks!

BloggerFather said...

Man... Charts and stuff... You're the dad I'm gonna be when I grow up.

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Adam - Thanks for looking that up. Let me know how it works out for you guys.

@BloggerFather - Most of the credit actually goes to Mrs. LIAYF. She is the parent I want to be when I grow up.