Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hi, 5!

I also got my first gum today!

Lukas, or as Mrs. LIAYF and I affectionately call him 'The Best Boy EVER' turned 5 years old today!

Mrs. LIAYF and I went in to work late today so he could open presents, and I could make him his favorite breakfast - Banana Walnut pancakes with Peanut Butter, and scrambled eggs.  Kudos to Mrs. LIAYF, who worked into the wee hours making a very cool crown for Lukas after he informed us as he went to bed that that was what he wanted most for his birthday.

We dropped him off at Pre-k for a couple hours with home made Rice Crispy treats also made lovingly by his mother.  I then picked him up early so we could go see 'The Pirates - Band of Misfits' on the big screen. One word review - "Okay".  Afterwords a trip to the rocket novelty store yielded some extra gifts before dinner out then we made our way home to finish out the day.

But the fun doesn't end there.  We still have a few fun things planned over the next week to celebrate.

My regular readers know the immense amount of happiness I get out of being a father.  After all I write about it all the time.  The past 5 years have far and away surpassed any in my previous 40 for the amount of sheer joy, and number of sublime moments they contain.  Of course I owe that all to him.

Even though I said it to him in person several times today.  I wanted to echo that sentiment here.  Happy 5th Birthday Lukas!   You are a self assured, hard working, funny, loving, compassionate, silly, articulate, strong-willed, kind boy.

And your mother and I love you very much.

6 comments:

Diplo_Daddy said...

Happy Birthday, Lukas! May the next five years be even better than the first.

Dale said...

Already five -- Happy Birthday Lukas!

WILLIAM said...

Congratulations and happy fathers day

Clint said...

I hope Lukas's Birthday was great. It such a different experience being a parent. The time sure does fly by.

momnextdoor said...

Happy Birthday Lukas!!

You forgot "lucky" in your list. He's very lucky to have such wonderful parents.

Great crown!

Hey Monkey Butt said...

Awe, you guys are both so awesome!! A happy birthday for Lukus :)