Friday, March 19, 2010

Updating My Tagline: Ideas

I have had the same tagline on my blog 'Diary of a New Dad' since it's inception. However, I've been thinking recently that with Lukas closing in on his third birthday, I'm not really a 'New' dad anymore, and perhaps should update my tagline.

That being said, I have come up with a few idea for a new tagline. I'm not sure if any of them will resonate with me, but let me know which of these you like best, or feel free to propose one of your own. Eventually, I might even get my lazy backside around to changing it.

If you do offer a suggestion, I just ask that you keep it clean. This is, after all, a family blog. (hmm...maybe I ought to add last sentence to the list)

Here they are in no particular order:

Blogging it Old School Since 2008

A First time Dad Aged to Perfection. Almost.

Sorry I'm so old Buddy

A Dad with a Hands on Approach
(Mrs. LIAYF thought readers might miss this Star Wars reference and just think it creepy)

The Light Side of Fatherhood

Cleaning Up When the Force is too Strong.

I Understand Now that I'm a Dad

Removing the Mask of Fatherhood

Oh, I'm Sorry. Did I Break your Concentration?
(From my Twitter bio)

Why didn't I do this Years Ago?

17 comments:

SciFi Dad said...

How about "A blog by a dad who never blogs anymore because he spends too much time on twitter"?

Steve said...

"Removing the mask of fatherhood" gets my vote.

Although SciFi Dad probably has a point! :)

Being us... said...

I like "why didn't I do this years ago", but like us, I think you would have if you could of...

So because of that....I think either of these are great, but honestly all of them are great!

Blogging it Old School Since 2008

A First time Dad Aged to Perfection. Almost.

Ed said...

Hey, If you're really wanting to kill your blog you need to change the name, and the platform. Ask me how -- I've got loads of tips for you.

Oh, wait. You just want a new tag line.

I'm not very good at those.

TempestBeauty said...

I like:

Removing the Mask of Fatherhood best.

Next, First Time Dad Aged to Perfection, Almost.

and The Light Side of Fatherhood.

Martin said...

Dude.

Honestly, your title is strong enough to not need one.

Genuinely.

Stacey said...

Blogging it Old School...

Mrs. M said...

I think your title stands alone - but I "sorry I'm so old buddy" made me laugh out old.

Dan said...

I'm with martin - no tagline required

Surfer Jay said...

Yeah dude, XBox is right, your title is perfect without a subtitle.

Or...you could use, 'I want a refund'.

Unknown said...

I think it's good like that... And I can't imagine going through the trouble of having to change the header picture!

ericdbolton said...

How about...
"Going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!"

Anonymous said...

I like "Cleaning Up When the Force Is too Strong" personally...

Anonymous said...

I vote for: Cleaning Up When the Force is too Strong.

Unknown said...

My faves are "Removing the Mask of Fatherhood" and "Cleaning Up When the Force is too Strong."

FilmFather said...

How about...

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"
or

"These aren't the toys you're looking for."

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Readers - Thanks for your opinions! I think I may go with a rotating version of the best of these. Starting whenever I get around to updating my header.

Thanks again!

James