Friday, May 28, 2010

Relax...I do it!


Happy Friday everyone!
-
Why is it so happy? Well, I know it's a 3 or 4 day weekend for many of you, but for me it is also the final 4 days of my vacation. Mrs. LIAYF, Lukas, and I have spent the past week taking it easy and hanging out here, in our city. It's been another Seattle staycation.

Yes, the weather has been so so, but most of the days have had nice enough periods for us to take bike rides, hang out on the beach, and take walks in our neighborhood. And, unlike some vacations where we are attempting to cram too many events into too little time, this one has been extremely relaxing.
-
Plus, Lukas has slept in until nearly 9:00 AM most mornings giving me time to catch up on some much needed shuteye.

But the very best part of it all has been the extra time I have had to spend with my wife and son. Especially Lukas, who is at an age where everything is exciting and new. We have so much fun hanging out, reading, exploring, and laughing together. It's almost hard to believe he will one day want as much distance as he can get from me, but I know it will eventually happen.

For now though, I am going to continue to enjoy these last few days of my vacation, having all kinds of fun with my little guy. Seriously, I haven't laughed this much in years.

By the way, today I have posted over at DadRevolution about potty training, trust, and peeing in public.
-
If you get a chance, I'd appreciate your weighing in and letting me know if you think we made the correct call.

10 comments:

twistedxtian said...

I enjoy staycations. They allow me to spend time exploring where I live, and show my son this amazing city we live in.

Enjoy the last few days of your vacation.

Mrs. M said...

Sounds like a perfect week - wish it had just been a titch sunnier for you all! Have a fantastic weekend!

Aspen Real Life said...

It is fun for me to hear about your adventures in Seattle for it is a city that I have always dreamed of visiting.

Between you and Parenting Adsurdum I should be getting a good introduction.

Your thoughts on being a father warms my heart.

If you want to know what you are in for with boys, come visit my blog http://aspenreallife.com, we have three of them. Or perhaps you should stay away!! No, just kidding, you know boys rule girls drool. Kidding about that part too since I grew up with all sisters.

James (SeattleDad) said...

@twisted - Thanks man. People come from all over the world to visit us here in this little corner of the globe, so its nice to enjoy it ourselves too.

@Mighty M - Thanks. Sun would have been nice, but that just means applying less sunblock to my squirming little guy.

@Dis - Thanks for stopping by. I will definitely stopon over and check out your blog. Always love to meet new parent bloggers.

Jessi said...

Frankly, I think that this is the only real advantage of city living - staycations. I wouldn't give up my tiny country house for anything, but there really isn't much of The World's Smallest Town to explore. Glad you've had a nice one.

Steve said...

Sounds like a great way to spend time. Very much my own preference in fact. I had many memorable rides with my own son in a Wee-Ride carrier just like the one in your photo.

Glad you are having such a great time.

BloggerFather said...

Great picture. That's a nice skyline you got up there.

Captain Dumbass said...

What the hell is with the weather lately?

Homemaker Man said...

We're big on the staycation/day trip thing here, too. Really fun getting to know your area as the kids do it, too.

A Free Man said...

Sounds pretty good. Especially the kid sleeping to 9 thing. How do you make that happen?