Monday, May 23, 2011

Twelve Years Past

Twelve years ago today, the best decision I ever made had it's day in the Sun, literally.  May 23rd, 1999 was a glorious 85 degrees without a cloud in the Olympia, Washington sky. 

The day was almost as beautiful as my radiant new bride.

Now, a dozen years later, my love for Mrs. LIAYF is stronger than ever, and she has shown me over and over again, through countless acts of selflessness, compassion, humor, and love, that there was good reason that once I saw her walking down the aisle that day, my nerves immediately disappeared. 


We have been through 12 years of ups and downs. Mostly ups.  And we now have an awesome son who is a product of our happy union.  Yes, this is certainly the way it's supposed to be.

Happy Anniversary Honey.

15 comments:

Krystal said...

Congratulations!!! Here is to many more!!!

Juli said...

Congrats!

Rebecca Nkaujsuab said...

Congratulations and many happy wishes! :)

Barbara L said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Captain Dumbass said...

Happy Anniversary.

House of Ophelia, Kamtun said...

Dear James, Happy Anniversary. Whenever I drop by yr blog, you strike me a totally loving husband and an equally loving father and it brings a tear to my eyes to see your Love for both through yr lovely posts and both of them are extremely to have you. Do drop by my Blog when you have the time. God bless. Greetings from the other end of the world.

Kevin said...

Happy Anniversary!

triles said...

Love the photos. Congrats on 12, and here's to many more!

Henry Elliss said...

I'm late to the party here, but congratulations - looks like you had a wonderful wedding too, all those years ago!

SciFi Dad said...

Happy Anniversary!

Janie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
FilmFather said...

Happy anny, James! Here's to many more...

James (SeattleDad) said...

Thanks so much
Krystal
Julliana
Rebecca
Barbara
Captain
Kevin
Scifi Dad
Film Father

Ophelia - Thank you for the kind comment. Much appreciated, and I owe you a visit when I return home.

Henry - Yes, all those years ago it was a fantastic wedding. Thanks so much.

Tim - Yes, we had a whole series of them which were not really planned, but the photographers wife took them in Sepia and we loved them the most. Thanks.

Rachael said...

Happy Anniversary! Better late than never, I suppose. My kids decided I shouldn't go online much these days.

Mrs. M said...

Great pictures - hope you had a wonderful anniversary!