Saturday, May 23, 2009

10 years and counting . . .

("The Frog Prince")

In case you readers don't realize it, this is Mrs. LIAYF. I wanted to take a moment to let my husband know just how lucky I am to have met, and married, him.

Today is our 10 year anniversary. On this day, 10 years ago, I stood at the entrance to the chapel sanctuary without any fear, hesitation or doubts. I looked down the long, long aisle to my very best friend in the world, he flashed me a smile, and I knew I had chosen right.

Or, maybe he had chosen me.

It's not that easy to find your soulmate. You kiss a lot of frogs - not that I was the type to kiss lots of boys, ahem, but you know what I mean. You get dumped on and you dump on others. And you are not always the person you aspire to be in a relationship. But, one day you meet someone who just rings a bell in your soul, and you open up, and you fall completely, head over heels in love.

Cliche? Don't I know it. But, I must have chosen right. Because he chose me too. Despite all my faults and flaws, my princess personality, and my tendency to want things my way, the very, very hard times we have had, he loves me fully and completely. He is a wonderful husband and an even more amazing father (as all of you can probably tell). I am truly the luckiest girl in the world.

Honey, I hope we have many more 10 year milestones together. I am so grateful you are mine!

(Now all your guy friends can make fun of you!)

22 comments:

korin said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! I wish you many many many more happy years together!

Martin said...

Sweet.

Well done you guys.

Being us... said...

Happy Anniversary!

Ed said...

10 years--that pottery on the traditional list, right? No wait--it's tin. Ten is tin.

Congrats.

Captain Dumbass said...

Happy 10th!

James (SeattleDad) said...

Thanks Sweets. It has been a wonderful adventure. You caught me off guard with the guest post!

OM said...

Love means giving your lover your blogger password.

(Congratulations.)

Steve said...

That's too heart-warming to make fun of. The three of you are very lucky. Congrats on the milestone.

SciFi Dad said...

Wait... you're a woman and you always want things your way?!?

You, madam, are the rarest of the rare.

DCUrbanDad said...

Whoo hoo!!!!! The big 1-0. We are celebrating that next year. Enjoy it.

Whit said...

Congrats to both of you!

James (SeattleDad) said...

(from Mrs. LIAYF)

@Korin - Thank you, sweetie! It gets better every year, don't it? Give you and yours a hug!

@XBox - Sweet was what I was going for - I can't help but feel sappy about my boys.

@Being Us - Thanks! It's pretty cool to hit this anniversary.

@Ed - Thanks! Yes, it's tin. Hubby wrapped all my gifts in tinfoil - he's such a goofball.

@CA - Thank you! BTW, love the moniker. It cracks me up!

@James - You are welcome! That's what you get when you leave your laptop lying around . . .

@OM - Thanks! Yep, he has no secrets from me. I know where all his passwords are located (in case you need to know).

@Steve - Yes, we are very lucky. I try to remember that every day. Thank you!

@SciFi - Yes, and I require a footrub every night and need my husband to tell me I'm pretty. Odd, I know.

@DCUrban - Thanks! 10 years makes it seem very concrete. The first few years people considered us newlyweds and gave us all sorts of marital advice - now we are old hat.

@Whit - Thank you! It definitely is a reason to celebrate.

NukeDad said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you enjoy many, many more together.

FilmFather said...

Congrats to both of you. My wife and I hit the big 1-0 in '07. Welcome to the club!

Dad Stuff said...

Happy Anniversary.
Did you just call your husband a frog?
Many more years to enjoy.

Super Mega Dad said...

Congratulations you guys. I agree with OM totally. Love is giving your significant other your blogging password. I shudder thinking about mine getting access to my password. The blog would take a whole other direction indeed. Maybe a love poem to the creators of CSI or House or how great the Lifetime network is. ;)

Momo Fali said...

I'm so sorry I missed this! I just love, love. Happy Anniversary!

James (SeattleDad) said...

(from Mrs. LIAYF)

@Nukedad - Thank you! One of the nicest things about marrying your best friend is that you look forward to your years together.

@FilmFather - Thanks! As much as I love my husband, I do believe marriage is work - 10 years is definitely something to celebrate.

@DadStuff - I guess I did . . good thing frogs are one of my favorite animals. Thanks for the well wishes!

@Super - I agree there needs to be some privacy in a relationship, but somehow I still know all his passwords. I guess he knows I'm too lazy to take over - he set me up a blog but I've never posted.

@Momo - Thank you! It was a nice suprise for both of us. He didn't know I was posting (and I didn't peek at his before it went online).

Scary Mommy said...

Ten years is definitely reason to celebrate- we'll reach ours next year. Hope you had a very happy anniversary!!

Eric said...

Sorry I am late in posting this, but happy 10th Anniversary!

This weekend is mine and my wife's 1st!

Congrats you guys... hope you celebrated well!

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

Awesome! So nice to hear from you! Happy anniversary to the two of you and great post.

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Scary - 10 is fun! It's a good milestone.

@Eric - Congrats to you too! May I suggest taking her on a surprise date? Ring the doorbell with flowers in hand . . . it's always nice to get flowers!

@Petra - Thank you! I don't comment often on hubby's blog, so this is a first for me. Maybe someday I will use the one he started for me.