Below are the Seattle Area Dad Blogs that I know of and read. A couple haven't posted in a while, so I am not sure of their current status, but all have at least posted withing the past year.
So if you are in the mood for some Seattle flavor in your Dad Blog reading on this Fatherhood Friday, click on one or more of the links below. I think you will agree that our region is rich with interesting and involved dads, who can also turn a quality phrase.
1. Honea Express: Whit is the quintessential blogger. In fact he makes a career out of it. I have mentioned before how he was supportive of me when I started out. I remember and appreciate that. Honea Express is his personal blog and reading it you will understand that while blogging may be his day job, he is first and foremost a writer. And a damn good one at that.
2. The Blog of Craig Playstead: Craig is another professional writer and blogger who appears, among other places, over at the Good Men Project. I really enjoy his subject matter, mostly because he is a guys guy and has similar taste to mine when it comes to music, sports, food, etc.
3. GoodFather: I only recently discovered Goodfather. Jeff is a blogger with a hilarious sense of humor, and down to earth sensibility. This blog has quickly become one of my favorites.
4. Glad Dads: Danny took a hiatus from Glad Dads for a while earlier in the year, but he is back to providing top notch information and articles for dads everywhere. Plus, he isn't afraid to stir up a little controversy now and then, which is a good thing in my book.
5. Dad is in the House: Nick is a SAHD (Stay at home Dad) and loads his blog up with useful information with posts on how to do things like Pimp your Christmas Tree and Make a Dinosaur costume. These posts are helpful and entertaining as well.
6. Nordquist Blog: I rarely comment on Bret's blog, but I do read. His posts are always extremely well written, and often moving. Definitely worth checking out.
7. Down With Pants: Brandon hasn't posted in a while, but I am holding out hope that he will get back into the swing of it since his blog was always entertaining. Plus, isn't this the best header you have seen in a long time?
Click on over and read these dads. And if you have the time, leave them a comment and let them know SeattleDad sent you.
Of course, I must be missing more than a few quality Seattle area Dad Bloggers. If you are, or know of one that I missed, please let me know in my comments.