Monday, September 7, 2009

Toddler Nirvana

We visited Grandpa and Grandma's farm yesterday. Being a city boy, this is a trip which always gets Lukas excited. And, as always, he had a terrific time. Of course, as soon as we arrived he was all about taking a ride on the "BIG" tractor with Grandpa.

Grandpa was happy to oblige.



Lukas was able to sit and steer by himself as they drove around the farm for quite a while. Afterwards, he ran through the barns and generously fed the animals.

And, of course, played in the mud puddles with sticks. A perfect day for a two year old boy.

Then later, after a birthday lunch - as is usually the case - I realized I was missing a prime video moment while Lukas was singing for the family. By the time I got the camera set up, he was winding down, but I did get a bit of him butchering his ABC song. It's cute though, and you even get a shimmy from Mrs. LIAYF.

Enjoy.


10 comments:

Martin said...

the run-on LMNOP that kids do is just too funny

A Free Man said...

God, my boy would have been in heaven. He's obsessed with all sorts of machinery right now. And mud puddles ;)

Great shots and video.

SciFi Dad said...

That must have been a blast, not just for Lukas, but for your father as well.

Very cute video too.

Lady Mama said...

Ahhhh that would be my son's idea of heaven! He adores tractors. Definitely a perfect day for a toddler. Love the video of your son singing too - so cute!

Anonymous said...

I've always thought a 'Tonkaland' playground where you could play with real yellow iron would be an absolute gold mine.

Being us... said...

Sounds like an awesome day out! We live in the country too so I can attest to the "nirvana" that boys can have outside. Mine loves tractors, dirt, and all things bugs!

great singing, Jacob isn't quite their yet with his talking but is getting there! I can't wait until he can sing and string together full conversations!

If I Could Escape . . . said...

Looks like a perfect day out for a wee laddie! Happy birthday to him!

Anonymous said...

I miss a few weeks of posts and he's taking driving lessons already?!

Krystal said...

aww!!! I wish we had a tractor like that!!! and singing - adorable!

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Xbox - I know, I love that.

@A Free Man - Thanks!

@Sci-fi - Yes, he loved it.

@Lady Mama - Thanks. It was cute.

@PJ - I think I am missing you on this one.

@Being Us - Lukas isn't really into bugs - Yet! Jake will be there soon enough. It is a fun stage.

@Karen - Thanks, but it was a party for me.

@Clares Dad - Yeah, I want him to drive me to school soon.

@Krystal - Every little boy needs a tractor like that.