Sunday, March 23, 2008

Wrarms!

Dear Mr. Webster,

It has recently come to my attention that there is a glaring omission to the otherwise stellar latest edition of your classic text of English words.

I realize that your dictionary will never, at any one point in time, be completely up to date with the latest 'words from the street', cutting edge slang that those of us in the know and in the trenches, as it were, are using to communicate with each other on an advanced level.

I also realize that you need those folks who are actually living and using these words every day to be your eyes and ears out here in the real world. Because, after selling several editions of your lexicon (and with billions of copies in print), you must be swimming in money and a little out of touch with the average speaker. So, I'm here to make sure that you don't miss out on a recent linguistic development . . .

Wrarms.

Like their cousins the cankles, wrarms are lingo for fat little (in some cases) sections of limbs which do not seem to have a natural transition joint. Wrarms are formed by the joining of the hand and the arm. They are most often found on babies, small children, and overfed adults. I have attached a picture for illustrative purposes - feel free to use it in your next edition.

2 comments:

Whit said...

Good call! Let me know if you hear from his people.

James (SeattleDad) said...

My people are talking to his people, and I'm sure an offer (7 figs) is coming in at any time.