Monday, May 21, 2012

Dad's A-Z: J is for Just Breathing

I just spent a very nice three day weekend with Lukas and Mrs. LIAYF. We slept in, picnicked, hiked, grilled, and even got some things crossed off the to do list.  It was just what the doctor ordered.  

Over the past several months I've been working long hours and the stress level has risen perceptibly at work.  Thankfully, some big projects are getting done and I am finally getting a chance to catch up on many other nagging projects without those important deadlines looming.  In fact, I was as relaxed this weekend as I have been in quite a while.  

Add to that the fact that we are all going on vacation next week and I am feeling like I can finally breathe a bit easier now.  We have all been there, right?  Too much to do and too little time to do it in. Those are the times when having your loved ones near and supportive become so valuable. 

"Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love
Some folks just have one, yeah, others, they've got none uh-huh"
~ Just Breathe by Pearl Jam



Dear Mrs. LIAYF and Lukas, 
Thanks for always being there for me, even when I'm distracted.

Yeah, I'm a lucky man! Happy Monday all.

1 comment:

Diplo_Daddy said...

Enjoyed the video. That’s great that your family is so very supportive of you. Strong family bonds are very important nowadays, far more valuable than all the money in the world.