Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Saw Our Baby Girl on the Cover of an Old Magazine

Mrs. LIAYF was going through some old magazines the other day and had to do a double take.

I'm not your kid Mr.

Subsequently, as I came home that afternoon I found the magazine sitting on our entryway dresser.  I didn't pay much attention to it though, until my lovely wife came in from the kitchen with a smile.  "Did you see the cover of that magazine I found?" she inquired.  "Yeah, that's a cute girl." was my response.

"Who does that girl look like?"  my wife continued.

"Annabelle?" I asked, already knowing the answer to my question because, honestly, the little girl on the cover who must be all of 3 years old, bears a striking facial similarity to our Annabelle.

I will have learned to blow my nose by age 3.
Maybe, by the time Annabelle turns 3 a time machine will have been invented, and we all travel back to 2009 wherein she gets her picture taken to be on the cover of a magazine very few people will have heard about by the time 2013 finally rolls around.

Don't laugh, it's happening out there.

Could this be what our little cutie pie will look like at age 3?  Of course, we have no idea.  Unless I find another slightly older version of myself loitering around the house one of these days, because he was trapped here when his time machine broke. Then I could ask him.

In the meantime, it's simply a lot of fun to speculate.

2 comments: