Saturday, April 11, 2009

Favorite Film Characters?

I was tagged with an interesting Meme by FilmFather. I am tasked with naming my 10 favorite film characters, then passing the task on to 5 other bloggers.

I would to need a lot more time for this than I actually have to solidify my choices, so instead I just pulled 10 off the top of my head which are amongst my favorites. Film Father went into detail about why he loved his characters. I, on the other hand, am simply naming them. Most need no introduction.

The Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. "Just a flesh wound!"




Dewey Finn from The School of Rock. "One great rock show can change the world."




William 'Bill' Munny from Unforgiven. "Hell of a thing, killing a man."




Maximus Decimus Meridius from Gladiator. "My Name is Gladiator."




Ray Kinsella from Field of Dreams. "If you build it, they will come."




Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride. "You killed my father. Now you are going to die."




Jules Winnfield from Pulp Fiction. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?"





Clark Griswold from National Lampoons Vacation. "We'll all be whistling zippity-do-da out of our..."




Dr. Ellie Arroway from Contact. "Ok to go!"




And I couldn't finish this up without this nod to my blogs namesake. This Darth Vader clip cracks me up. "Luke, I am your father!"




Now, for the passing it on part. I am tagging the following bloggers with this meme. It is fun to think about, so enjoy.

Zoes Dad
DC Urban Dad
Vegas Dad
Super Mega Dad

All that comes with it

13 comments:

Martin said...

I'm with you on the black knight and Jodi.

Mmm, Jodi.

Captain Dumbass said...

Fine choices there, every one.

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Xbox - Yes, Jodi is top notch.

@Captain DA - Thanks. I should have tagged you. I would be interested in seeing your choices too.

FilmFather said...

Great list, James.

Thank you for reminding me how awesome Gladiator is.

Great line from Unforgiven. That makes two movies where Eastwood has killed that actor...Unforgiven and one of my meme picks, High Plains Drifter.

Love the Vacation clip..."Don't TOUCH!"

The Vader clip was a riot.

I deliberately didn't watch the Field of Dreams clip because I didn't want to bawl in front of my co-workers.

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

Nice fave characters! I share a few of those as well!

James (SeattleDad) said...

@FilmFather - Yes, Gladiator is one of my all time favorite movies.

And I couldn't believe that Mrs. LIAYF hadn't watched Vacation! We watched the clip together and cried (from laughing so hard!).

@Petra - Thanks. This one was a lot of fun to put together.

Jason Roth said...

Great list. I have quite a bit of thinking to do for this one. Hmmmm....

Ed said...

That is one eclectic list.

Love The Princess Bride and I've gotten my kids hooked on it also. (Proud dad moment when they recite whole scenes while playing.)

I'll have to think about this one.

DC Urban Dad said...

Thanks for the tag, this might help me get out of my creative slump.

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Vegas Dad - It is hard to narrow the field. I hope you find time to play along.

@Ed - Throw in a few funny characters, a few serious ones, and I guess you get eclectic. I hope you play along as well.

James (SeattleDad) said...

@DC - That is the great thing about memes. Have fun with it!

Super Mega Dad said...

Hi James, thanks for the tag! That was a hard one to do. I totally am a nerd on my list. I had to think for awhile to think of some movies I have seen besides "Elmo's Big Movie".

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Super Mega Dad - Loved your Favorites! And nice intros too. You definitely went with coooool.