Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nothin' on Top but a Bucket and a Mop

You may have noticed from some of the pictures posted here recently that we have been letting Luke's hair grow out.

Mind you, this has not been my idea. I have been hounding my wife about trimming our son's hair for some time now, but she refuses. She has these happy visions of a moppy headed little boy, with wavy curls and a big smile.
-
Silly Mrs. LIAYF. I have tried to impress upon her that the men in Lukas' ancestral line have never had any success growing out their hair. There is a reason we keep it short and manageable. That's because rather than looking like this:



Our hair ends up looking like this:
-


Fortunately for Lukas, he has more of his mother's hair quality. So, there's still a good chance Mrs. LIAYF will get the cute, wavy mop-head she wants.

But I wouldn't count on it.

12 comments:

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

hahahahahahahaha, you mean, you didn't like your hair like that?

Steve said...

I think you are being a little harsh on the quality of your own hair.

Though not nearly harsh enough on the person who cut it!

(By the way, that clock gadget in your sidebar that says "Pacific Time"? It always shows me UK time. Just thought I'd let you know. Save you a flight to check.)

Super Mega Dad said...

DUDE, you are a MUCH braver man than me. I applaude you.

I came into being when I was already 21. There are NO pictures of me that exist before that time. :)

SciFi Dad said...

My eyes! My eyes!

Being us... said...

I too had vision of perfect ringlet curls for Jacob...if you remember I even posted on his first haircut, because unfortunately his pretty ringlets just turned out to be a fuzzy mullet! So I have abandoned this dream for Jacob and will now put the pressure on my new son to fulfill this dream! ((GRIN))

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Petra - I describe it better here: http://liayf.blogspot.com/2008/11/school-pictures.html

@Steve - Ha. Someone did a real hatchet job alright. Thanks for the tip on the Pacific Time. I didn't realize.

@Super Mega Dad - You all must learn to like me for who I am - and was. LOL.

@Scifi - Really? That's Brad Pitt.

@Being Us - It must be a mom thing. I think I remember that picture of Jake too. He looks better with the haircut.

Good luck with the new little one.

Martin said...

You KNOW it's gonna bring Lulu back into the picture again don't you...

Eric said...

Maybe it's time for a slight trim...

or he may end up looking like his dad from the 70s!

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Xbox - Haha! I hadn't thought of that but it is more ammunition for my preference to get the cut.

@Eric - Well, we would need to get a fancy disco shirt for Lukas too. And you know, those are hard to come by in 2T.

Surfer Jay said...

Let it grow lt it grow!

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Jay - It's growing and, I have to admit, getting better as it gets longer.

Knatolee said...

Oh... oh dear. I remember haircuts AND shirts like that. Sadly, I had the female equivalents.

I say, let the boy's hair grow. If it turns out to be the hair of your ancestry, Mrs. LIAYF will have the sense to get it trimmed. I have faith in your wife.