Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ready to Rumble

It was a hotly contested Boxing matchup between an up-and-coming flyweight challenger with unlimited potential, and an over-the-hill heavyweight who has definitely seen better days.

The excitement was palpable. They bobbed. They weaved. They went toe to toe for several exhausting rounds. Once, the older and more experienced boxer was knocked off balance and went down hard, to the visible thrill of his competitor.


In the end the tired old heavyweight, whose only shining moment was a forfeit at the hands of the yellow flyweight Frazier, was no match for the energetic young challenger.


In lieu of a shiny belt, the victor received a flower and a congratulatory hug and kiss from Mrs. LIAYF.

A fine prize indeed!

15 comments:

SciFi Dad said...

Dude... I know you've posted about this phenomenon before (that you look like "everyone"), but your photo today is eerily reminiscent of William from Poop and Boogies: http://poopandboogies.blogspot.com/2009/03/saving-time.html

Anonymous said...

I think you even resemble me!

Dad Stuff said...

Great blow by blow commentary of the sweet science.
If only all matches ended in giving a flower.

Captain Dumbass said...

You had your moment of glory, time to step aside for the young guns.

raino said...

i'm with dumbass - stand aside

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Scifi - Yeah, I look a bit like everyone. I may even be William blogging in psuedonym. You couldn't tell from this depiction?

http://liayf.blogspot.com/2009/03/one-of-these-days.html

@MTAE - I am you with all the weight you lost runnning.

@Dadstuff - Thanks. I may now go into selling Grills or maybe Magic Bullets.

@Captain DA - I think I need a bigger box to hold my bigger girth. Then I'll be back.

@raino - Tune in next match, there could be a parachuter landing in the middle of things or even an ear bitten off.

RC said...

how fun is that, love the photos!!

Whit said...

There appears to be a difference in weight class.

Ed said...

You hit your kid??

James (SeattleDad) said...

@RC - Thanks. Lukas pretty much demanded I get into the other open box, so I had to oblige.

@Whit - It's pretty standard in this kind of boxing.

@Ed - Don't go calling CPS on me. I'm the one who took all the abuse. lol.

Eric said...

You look comfortable!

Jason Roth said...

Chanting...Luke...Luke...Luke!!!

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Eric - That's what you get after years in the box.

@Vegasdad - Everybody loves an underdog.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
James (SeattleDad) said...

@anonymous - What does the chinese translated phrase:

Tablets have a non-code and code of a chip.

Have to do with my Daddy Blog?