Thursday, November 4, 2010

Where I Become They


Good afternoon readers.  I'm hanging out over at Dad Revolution today talking about my attitude towards having kids, before having a child of my own.  What was it? Here's a hint: I make a confession nearly 12 years after Mrs. LIAYF asked me a very important question.

Here is a sample:

I suspect like many readers, or wives of readers have done, just before she became Mrs. LIAYF, my lovely soon-to-be bride pulled me aside to have a talk with me. Yes, it was that talk.

“One last time honey” She began. “You are certain that you want to have kids? Because if you don’t, now is the time to let me know.” “Yes, of course I do.” I replied in a resolute manner, understanding that this was what she needed at the time. The stress from the impending wedding was weighing on her. She needed my solid support. That was nearly 12 years ago. But now, after all this time has passed, I have to finally come clean about something...

Click here to head over to Dad Revolution for the conclusion. 

P.S.  You will also be treated to the very first picture of Lukas laughing.

Thanks.  And as always, comments are all read and much appreciated.

4 comments:

Slamdunk said...

Cool--on the way over.

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Slamdunk - Thank Man.

EdathomeDad said...

Thanks for the preview. I will also make my way over to Dad Revolution the read the rest.

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Ed - Thanks for stopping by here before leaving a comment over there. Appreciated.