Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Quick! Name a Seattle Father & Son

Happy Tuesday Readers. Say, If you were to stop a group of people on the street in Middle America and ask them to name a Seattle Father and Son tandem, what do you think their response would be?

Do you think some would respond by naming these two houseboat owners?

"You look tired"

Probably, but if you stared blankly at them, waiting for a better response, they may think harder....and chances are they might come up with this other well known father and son pair.

I built this city...I built this city on Rock and Roll.  And Windows.

Of course, some of them might even be big martial arts and film fans, knowing enough history to also toss out this late dynamic duo as having deep Seattle ties....

Enter the original famous Seattledad

Some would most likely be sports fans, so give them a couple minutes and they would most certainly be able to name perhaps the  greatest father and son combo in the history of professional sports...

"Let's go back to back son"

There is even a possibility, a few might have visited the Seattle Waterfront (perhaps as jumping off point for an Alaskan cruise) and have strolled through the Olympic Sculpture Park.  Those might be able to recall this newly iconic duo...

"I said no treats until after you've finished showering!"

But there is at least one other Seattle father and son team who they won't know, and unless the son goes on to great things, will never know anything about.

Not so famous Seattle Father and Son

But that's okay.  Along with Mrs. LIAYF, they are already extremely wealthy where it matters most.

And content with staying relatively anonymous.

16 comments:

Juli said...

I always choose rich over famous... rich can give opportunities... famous can give you stalkers.

Love the pic... too cute! I remember when mine were so young. :)

ericdbolton said...

Honestly, I probably would have said James and Lucas..

Lady Mama said...

Very sweet post! I agree - none of that fame stuff matters so long as you have what's really important.

Ordinary Dad said...

I agree with eric, I didn't know any of those other people were from Seattle. You are more famous than they are!

Jacob said...

You clearly have your priorities right. (Of course being successful professional baseball players or software moguls would be a nice perk.)

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Julianna - Yeah, rich would be nice. If only...

@Eric - Spoken like a true dad blogger. Thanks.

@Lady Mama - Yes. We are happy just being us.

@Ordinary Dad - Thanks man.

@Jacob - I would take those perks.

Dan said...

You missed out the guys from Frasier.

But yes, you'd have sprung to mind first for me too

A Free Man said...

I would have done the Griffeys, even though they aren't FROM Seattle or Marty and Niles/Frasier even though they are not real.

Steve said...

You guys would top my list with Frasier and Sleepless completing my not very extensive knowledge of Seattle father-son pairs.

goodfather said...

Given my love for Mike Meyers, I would probably try to throw in Dr. Evil and Scott (or Nigel Powers and Dougie), but the movie hails from Hollywood (south), and Mr. Meyers from Canada (north). Sigh.

Congrats on your wealth. You certainly have it. ;)

Captain Dumbass said...

I'd have gone with Bruce and Brandon.

Keith Wilcox said...

Well, the only people who know about that tandem are the only people who matter. :-) Actually, if you were to ask me, I would have said the Sleepless in Seattle answer. I know, pathetic -- what can i say? HA

Peter Anderson said...

Learning about the richness my sons bring me as well. Keep up the good work!

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Dan - Wow, I totally forgot the Fraisers. And I listen to his show all the time too.

@A Free Man - The Griffey's, spent enough time here (and were both on the same team here) to count in my book. I'm sticking with it.

@Steve - Didn't realize Frasier was so big across the pond.

@GoodFather - Maybe I'll do a similar post with a broader reach next time.

@Captain - That's my man. Good call.

@Keith - I would have thought YOU would have gone for Bruce and Brandon given your background.

@Peter - Thanks for stopping by. Having a son is just the best thing. Enjoy!

Didactic Pirate said...

Dude, you two are way cooler than Tom Hanks and that twit kid.

Ok, yea, Bruce Lee and his kid are up there on the awesome list. Let's just call it a tie between them, and you and Lukas.

Otter Thomas said...

Great Picture! I thought of you guys first to be honest. I should have thought of the Griffey's though because I loved the Seattle version of Jr. He was awesome. Otherwise I think of Cobain, Vedder, and the like when I think of Seattle. That is my favorite era fo music ever.